When to Call Who – A Guide for Franking Machine Users

Depending on the issue, you can either call your supplier or Royal Mail for assistance for your franking machine. Here is a quick guide of when to call who.

Call your Supplier when:

  • You experience jams or printing issues
  • There are rate changes that you need to be downloaded
  • You need tariff and price chips
  • You need new cartridges or there’s a problem with your current cartridge
  • You need to change your machine location. Keep in mind that you need a new licence before doing this
  • You need to order low volume outer envelopes (less than 30 items of mail)
  • Machine changes or upgrades
  • SMART Machine issues
  • You need postage credits and invoice payments
  • You want to terminate your contract or avail of refunds
  • You need payment allocation to accounts
  • You need settlement figures
  • You need to inquire about lease/rental
  • You need information on account statements, accounts on hold and contract duration or cancellation

Call Royal Mail for the following:

  • When you need help posting when there’s a problem with your machine
  • When you need information on where to post your franked mail
  • Arranging collections
  • You don’t need to buy supplies. Order from Royal Mail for free
  • When you need help on how to prepare your franked mail
  • When you want to inquire about which Royal Mail Services you can use with a franking machine
  • For updating your details
  • To request copies of invoices
  • Ask assistance in finding a franking machine
  • Learn about the requirements of the Royal Mail Scheme for franking letters and parcels 2008
  • Update your posting prices

Armed with this knowledge, you will be able to save time and money when dealing with your franking machine problems.

If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
Icon Icon Icon